Wednesday 8 October 2014

Principle Of Accounting (ACC40104T0109)

Principle of accounting was one of the easiest subject to me compare to other business subjects for semester 1 because I learned it in my secondary school before.In the Principle Of Accounting course,I learned about the basic of accounting principles and concepts.Since I learned the Principle Of Accounting,I know how to manage the bookkeeping of business and the preparation of financial statement. In addition to that,I also learned the exposure to further knowledge on asset and analysis of the financial report.


The topics I learned in this course were introduction to accounting, recording transaction(part 1/part 2/part 3),Adjustment(part 1/part 2),financial statements,analysis and interpretation of financial statement,accounting for inventory,Bank reconciliation statement,incomplete record.My favorite topics for this subject was the first chapter.It allows me understand the importance of accounting. Through those chapters, I learned that accounting was the Language of Business.It can help people or the stakeholders of business communicate and understand the business.Other than that,accounting also known as the information system and bookkeeping,it recorded all the business transaction of a firm. This record information can help the business when making the decisions.In this course i also have the individual assignment and group assignment.I learned a lot in this two assignment.In the individual assignment, I referred to the DIGI BHD annual report to write the three accounting concept and two qualitative characteristic.In group assignment,I had three group members. My group members are Chan Tian Xiang,Marilyn and Eugene. For the group assignment, what we have to do was to compare two companies' Annual Report 2013. The two companies was Cycle & Carriage Bintang Berhad and Tan Chong Motor Holdings Berhad. I looked up for the report and information from the Bursa Malaysia website. 


Lastly,the practice and tutorial work in class is the most helpful to me.It helped me how to solve the questions and remember the accounting formulas and steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment